Tuesday, December 4, 2007

12.04 CHRISTMAS BALL

The CBJ hosted its department Christmas party this evening. Organized by undergrads, the shin-dig was more a display of fashion and flare as the HK formals of my undergard years (although it was there that I once wore a home-made dress that barely departed from a poorly wrapped toga except that the material was a pattern of shimmery green.)

Anyhow, the food was scarce but the wine was plenty and my clothes were buttoned and stitched by a proper manufacturer. I was safe to dance the night away.

But the spotlight was already had by Shanks - the international student from India who managed a few hard-core break dance moves which left me on the sidelines having not yet mastered my 'freze.'

Alternatively, there were always folk to hang with at the bar. Here I am with radio students Jenny and Simon, our hair neatly swept to the same size after at least three attempts at a satisfying portrait. I say for only three attempts, we've done pretty good given none of us are TV journalists...

That's besides the point. There is little time to waste taking photos, when there is break dancing to be done. Back to the dance floor.