Tuesday, June 8, 2010

06.08 COLOUR COORDINATION

Session seven. Last week was a midterm break and I feel I've already taken a few steps back in terms of technique. I approach the drawing with confidence, and get going with the colourful apple on the table in the foreground. Hints of ripening red blend into the pale yellow, and a hint of green around the stem. Not easy to master. Looks more like I've painted a pinwheel of colours.

The jug in the background I had nailed, but then decided to dabble just as the class was wrapping up, leaving me scrambling to sort it out at the last minute and resulting in what looks like a green-blue balloon with a rectangle jutting out the top end. I tried. We've done this jug before, or one that is similarly translucent and therefore difficult to blend, and it remains my nemesis.