Wednesday, June 9, 2010

06.09 ONE WEEK

Post! (Mail!) It's always so exciting to receive! I was expecting a package from my sis, and was nevertheless surprised to find its contents, a film called One Week by director Michael McGowan (of Saint Ralph fame) and starring Joshua Jackson.

I introduced Clair to Saint Ralph (for once, a film I had seen that she hadn't!). She loved it and went on to watch the director's more recent work, promising it is 10x improved. I'm sure I'll love it, but admit I have a soft spot for the story of a boy who wants to win the Boston Marathon, filmed in my university town of Hamilton. Not to mention One Week is a rather dark plot, surely a thoughtful tearjerker, about a man with just that much time to live.

Am itching to see this, and go back and revisit Saint Ralph to appreciate the directors style and development. All I need is a rainy day...(surprisingly few and far between these days in London)