Tuesday, August 7, 2007

08.07 RE-EMPTYING THE NEST

Hopefully this is the last time I move out of my parents place. I wouldn’t describe the situation as a Failure to Launch, but rather the result of a Boomerang Effect with every catapulting exodus.

Twice, I moved out with the intent of returning home after spending a summer on Pelee Island and following my exchange overseas to Australia. When I finally packed the van and hit the highway to Hamilton we all though that this was it; I had emptied the nest.

But I returned last fall, after completing my studies, not really certain what I would do with a master’s in health psychology. The seemingly logical step is to go back for more. In an effect it is another sort of boomerang effect following one degree after another. I don’t plan on this becoming a chronic pattern.

The nest is emptied for at least a year and a half.
The next thing to clear out is the Nest Egg.
Since I’m moving to England, this should be no problem at all.