Friday, January 4, 2008

01.04 HONEYBEE


Aside from real people, there is nothing better to come home to than a package in the mail.

This one was an unexpected gift from Noelle. The package contents, identified as push pins, had me guessing if that was some kind of cryptic clue for what was actually inside.

Indeed, the contents were push pins - a fancy kind with honeybee pegs.

Years ago, when I opened my first e-mail account I used the Greek translation of my name as a username. At the time, the honeybee became a collectors item for me, not so much because I wanted it to be, but because everybody assumed my online person was synonymous with my identity. The next thing I remember I was getting honeybee paraphernalia from tissue to tea mugs.

It got old, but this is a refresher. Its been ages since anybody bestowed a bumbling gift unto me. And it's just like Noelle to bring me back to 'the good old days' as we have a tendency to get caught up in reminiscing every time we hang out.

I pushed the pins here, there and anywhere I could find a spot in my hive.