Saturday, October 27, 2007

10.27 WELSH CAKES

Dion arrived back from a visit home to Wales.

He brought with him a load of traditional welsh cakes.

If I were Dion, I wouldn't be sharing those.

They are soft and sort of crumbly with a dusting of brown sugar that melts on the tongue. I was instructed (by the experts in the house) to add a layer of butter. I followed suit, but think they taste just fine without.

Its a matter of delish vs decadent I suppose.

They're especially good with tea, as long as you don't mind losing the sugary texture to the bottom of your mug - but cookie crumb-tainted tea is a bother if you ask me.

To sum it up, welsh cakes are right up there with crumpets in terms of inducing a classic pavolovian-effect. Just a minute while I wipe that bit of drool from the corner of my mouth.