Saturday, September 15, 2007

09.15 EVE OF THE MARATHON

I went into town and bought myself a copy of The Nottingham Evening Post, which features a section devoted to tomorrow’s Experian Robin Hood Marathon. Just a little something to get me psyched before the race. It can be tough when you’re going it alone.

In the evening, I attended a pre-race pasta dinner at Hoofer’s Fitness Centre, one of the race sponsors. Met a few interesting folks there, from beginners, to triathletes-turned-marathoners, to a head-shaven relay co-ed relay team who raised funds for CLIC Sargent, the same organization I am running for.

Part of the joy of running is meeting different people. Everyone has a story, a motivating factor, and a few training tips that always come in handy. After a bit of mingling, I took off early for a good nights rest, a bit more motivated by the end of the day.