Monday, September 17, 2007

09.17 CURSED BY THE RAIN GODS

I walked into the grocery store this evening, sporting my shades.
By the time I had loaded my cart with bread and bananas, the sunshine was engulfed by a rain cloud. It's trails were barely hovering over the ASDA parking lot, which was puddled but half dried by the time I finished shopping.

With a smirk on my face, I discounted this as my first rainy day in England. After all, there was no evidence that the puddles had fallen from the sky. They could have hosed down the parking lot for all I know....

After two weeks, I have yet to leave the house umbrella in hand. This is my kind of England.

But then, I should know better.

The rain God's must have read my sneering mind. As I hobbled (still aching from the marathon) the half mile home from the grocery store, it was as if the winds had turned and the rain cloud was on my heels. Hamstrings-a-burning, I barely made it to my front door without getting my sunglasses wet.

My first rainy day in England after all.