Wednesday, November 14, 2007

11.14 ROYAL THEATRE

Running errands in the city, I zipped passed the Royal Centre, stopping briefly to snap this photo.

I pass the pillared structure nearly every day but this afternoon, something about the theatre caught my eye. It deserves mention as a landmark arts venue in the UK. The historic building dates back to 1865, was remodelled just before the turn of the twentieth century and is currently undergoing review for further refurbishment.

I have yet to sit snug in its one of its cushy chairs amidst its Victorian green and gilt interior. When the annual pantomime tours through Notts I'll be there. I was hoping to see a Christmas performance - the Nutcracker or a symphony but a visit will have to wait. For now I'll continue to admire the dramatic outer shell.