Friday, March 13, 2009

03.13 RED NOSE DAY

It's Friday the 13th. It's also Claire's birthday. And it just happens to be red nose day (http://www.rednoseday.com/)!

This is something altogether new to me. I expected men in suits with traditional clown noses on racing into work on unicycles. To my disappointment, we professionals are much too sophisticated to partake. Actually, it is properly a rite of passage reserved for celebrities - when those who were never inclined to tell a joke have a chance to try and be funny, and raise money all the while. Professional comedians and non-celebrities also get out for the cause, as do schools and various organizations. It is a day of comic relief - and a day to do something for charity...and charity giving is huge in the UK.

Sophie did her best, by baking this birthday cake for Claire, all in the spirit of red noses! I secretly wished I'd gotten the piece with the nose, but then it's not my birthday after all...