Friday, February 13, 2009

02.13 L'AMOUR

I thought V-day was an 'American' thing.
But Cards Galore was jam-packed with desperate men, eager to find the perfect pink card to accompany the dozen roses yet to be bought.

It was pretty hilarious. Here, the scene looks placid; two dudes casually window shopping. But step inside the shop and its chaos and panic and a lineup round the shelves.

I'm single again this V-day. No remorse. It was a year ago I was saying the same thing and then I met someone, out of the blue. By chance, I did encounter somebody, just moments before taking this photo, who made my heart flutter; it was unexpected. A business meeting. I might never see him again, but the chance meeting was enough to make me appreciate this scene, with a giddy smile on my face.

C'est L'amour.