Thursday, February 19, 2009

02.19 HAVE A SINK ABOUT IT

Salma popped round for a catch-up this evening. We had a good rant about men, a good waffle over pizza and did some brainstorming on living arrangements for the coming year - we're planning to share a flat once our current tenancies are up.

I'm pretty open to what options are out there, in terms of flats. But I don have one non-negotiable stipulation: that the bathroom sink has one tap. (http://3sixty6.blogspot.com/2007/09/0904-everything-but-bathroom-sink.html)

This only came to mind once Salma had left, and I was brushing the pizza debris from my teeth (that sounds more gross than it was). I've mentioned before my history of love-hate relationships with bathroom sinks and thought I'd point out the good and bad features of my present basin. As the snapshot reveals, it has one (only one!) faucet, with taps set on either side. It is a convenient, but unusually rare feature (at least in the UK), the absence of which at my previous abode (in Notts) became the bain of my existence there.

In any event, I am still on the hunt for the perfect bathroom sink. While this one meets most criteria, as you will see, the drain is one deep, dark gaping pit in which i've lost many a bobby pin, earring, q-tip...

For now, I'll give this one an A-Okay...