Friday, February 6, 2009

02.06 WHERE WAS I?

It's a new day!'

This is my yearning thought, on most mornings, as soon as my eyes open from slumber. The most I can do to contain my energy is to lie in bed for an extra half-minute before bouncing out of the duvet to get things rolling. Then, in one swift motion, I draw the curtains, eyes in a squint (at least on the rare occassion it's sunny), and...start considering my wardrobe (and my breakfast).

I'm a morning person, to say the least.

Today! Today is not only a new day. It's a new year - for the photo journal, that is (and only days ago, for the Chinese!). I'm picking up where I left off in 2008 (due to camera malfunction...excuses, excuses, I know), to continue logging 366 days.

I suppose an update is due. My everyday life is far removed from what it was last February. At the time, I was living in Robin Hood county, studying journalism and behaving like a student (starving, stressed, sleepless, studying). A year later, I have found myself in 'the big smoke', publishing two research journals and slowly discovering the scope of this city (nooks and crannies worth exploring everywhere!). I can't complain.

Every day is different - most are good, few are monotonous, many are worth capturing - and the aim of this second part of the photo journal will be to share a few months or random thoughts, sights, and stories with you.