Friday, May 7, 2010

05.07 HSLP

Casey is running toward the mall in full stride. Not because she's entering a revival in her running career, certainly not because she's eager to join the hooded teens, hovering suspiciously around the entrance to the movie theatre -but because its pouring rain and she's dedicated the early part of our evening to consulting me on Canadian music.

The new album by Broken Social Scene is a must buy, since I'll be seeing them live (on her advice) next month. And after scouring the aisles, I settle on the Stars, who Casey will be seeing in concert tomorrow night. She knows the Arts & Crafts label inside out it seems, and while she and I have different appetites for music, she knows what I like.

On our way back to the car, Casey and I agree that we have spent far too much of our adult Friday nights at Devonshire Mall. We leave the parking lot and head for my parents dining table, where we spend the rest of the evening catching up on the months past since my Christmas visit, cup of tea in each of our hands. I go wild and go caffeinated. I guess we're the sort of "hslp" who can be anyplace having a good time.