Saturday, May 15, 2010

05.15 SUPERHERO

If I were a superhero, I could eat all this food in one sitting.

Kat and Paul joined me at Whitechapel Gallery this afternoon, a long overdue date, as we've been saying we'd like to go for months. We doubled our achievements by following the gallery with dinner at Tayyabs - another on our 'to-visit' list. Pakistani feast - aromatic blends, tender meat, greasy naan and a bit of a kick. Bonus: BYO.

Fed and fuelled on superfood, we took a stroll to visit Ben, who lives not far from Whitechapel on the 5th floor of a block building in Stepney Green. A cozy pad with a lovely panorama of the city. Perhaps it was the view, although I can't quite remember, but we got on the topic of superpowers. He claimed flight before any of us could nab it, so Kat settled for invisibility and Paul, well, he decided he'd be 'P-man', and, well, induce incontinence (hands-free) on hapless villains (i.e., politicians). Since air and land were pretty much covered, I thought it'd be worthwhile if I covered the marine world and so decided on go-go-gadget gills as my superpower.

Beer ran out before the conversation, as always, and we were in kahoots until the sun went down and it was time to descend, by elevator (sigh), and beam ourselves back to our beds (conventionally, however, via public transport...).