Saturday, May 1, 2010

05.01 WELCOME PACKAGE

I was in London for breakfast and Windsor by lunchtime. Judy was anxiously awaiting at arrivals in Detroit Metro, while Reno kept the trusty old Sebring running and ready to shuttle me across the border, home.

In spite of telling mom not to bother bringing food for the road, she was equipped, as ever, with enough provisions to cover me through the journey to Windsor and back - which, I realised, given my father's Sunday driving on this Saturday was not a bad idea at all.

Politely, I turned down the healthy options to allow room to stuff myself with Timbits, collecting them in my cheeks in the fashion of my hamster John McPhee, and with the similar primal motive that tomorrow there might be none. I rifled through the pack of 10 until I found my first choice - an old fashioned glazed (a preference I am reluctant to disclose as I edge on 30 - my younger palate would have gone straight for the chocolate). Delicious.

A warm and stodgy welcome to warm and smoggy Windsor.