Saturday, July 28, 2007

07.28 MORNING RIDE

I know you're reading this.

When Jen isn't glued to her computer screen reading my photo journal she's typically out for a run, in the pool, or off on her bike for a ride along Hamilton's escarpment. In her spare time, she is hard at work on a research project helping individuals with spinal cord injury get active too

It didn't take much to convince her that this was a good morning for an early ride, despite the imminent rain clouds and the humidity that fogged our shades.

After all, I had missed the boat on the scheduled group ride last night because of a minor miscommunication that left me waiting on Jen's porch while the rest of my friends worked up an appetite for the enormous barbecue planned that evening. She owed me one and I wasn't leaving Hamilton without a ride under my over-stuffed belt.

By 8 AM we were out the door and winding up Snake Road. My legs don't usually carry me uphill very quickly, but this ride could have earned me a polka dot jersey had Jen not blown by on every climb. Argyle is my pattern of choice to polka dots anyhow

In any event, it was an awesome ride - and I'm not just talking about the downhill coasting. But if there was a jersey for the most graceful coast, or perhaps for the rider who can most elegantly tip over, cleats clipped in of course - I'd like it designed with a paisley pattern in a shade of Olive, extra small.